As it's a new year, I thought I'd give you some inspiration. Changing your look doesn't have to be as drastic as a whole new wardrobe or hair color; it can be as simple as the flick of an eyeliner brush, and it will make a difference. Here are 25 easy, commitment-free ways for you to change up your look this year!
- Wrap a piece of hair around your ponytail elastic & secure it with a bobby pin or two to instantly go from "I was feeling lazy" to "I did this on purpose"
- Instead of just pinning your bangs out of place with a bobby pin, try braiding your bangs to the side
- Tease your hair at the crown before putting it in a ponytail to instantly glam it up
- Change your part from one side to the other - you'd be surprised the difference it makes (even my husband notices when I do it!)
- If you normally wear your hair straight, try curling just the front pieces around your face, and tug on the curls as they're cooling; you'll get a beautiful, effortless wave that will add interest to your look
- Flip your hair the opposite way from what you usually do. If you normally flip it out, flip it under, etc. You'll get compliments all day!
- Tame your flyaways with a little hairspray spritzed on a fluffy makeup brush (like a powder or blush brush) to keep from messing up or flattening your style
- Change your ponytail position - try a low ponytail if you usually go high, or vice versa. Or try a side pony!
- Part your hair even deeper to one side for instant volume and glam
- Just cut it. Just cut your hair. You know you want to, you've been thinking about it, and you're scared, but that's okay. It will grow back. Just cut your hair. :)
- To make a quick change from day to night, reapply mascara just to the tips of your lashes for immediate volume
- Apply a nude or pink pencil (like Benefit's Eye Bright) just under your brow and blend for an instant eye lift
- Try a lip color you don't usually go for - you'll be surprised, it will look better than you think!
- Fill in your brows!! :)
- Try a gloss instead of a lipstick (or vice versa) for a subtle but noticeable difference
- Put a tiny bit of highlighter on the cupid's bow of your lip to make your lip color pop (and to make your upper lip look more plump!)
- Mix a (little) bit of cream illuminator with your foundation for an all-over glow
- Switch out your black mascara with a color like plum or turquoise for a subtle pop
- Swipe on a slightly shimmery eyeshadow that's a shade or two lighter than your skin color to brighten your eyes during the daytime
- Apply your shadow with a damp shadow brush to add staying power & intensify the color
- Try a new blush shade - if you're like me, you tend to stick to the same range of color. A new shade will be subtle but can change everything!
- Apply a little bit of foundation to your lips (or sweep over them with your foundation brush) to cancel out your natural lip color & pump up your lipstick color
- Switch up your eyeliner and go for either a color (plum! turquoise! blue!) or a texture (liquid! gel!) you don't normally use
- Curl your eyelashes
- Try something new. Anything! Watch some YouTube videos, pick up some tips, and try something new. You won't regret it!
Looking for more beauty resources?
Join the Band of Beauties for full, free access to the Beauty Resource Library. You'll get goodies like 100 Beauty Tips to Make You a Pro and much more!